Post sponsored by Mirum but all opinions are my own.
Game day is always special in our house. Every week I try to make something special to celebrate while we watch our team play. It makes watching a little less tense and something to rally around, even if we don’t win. You only need 5 ingredients to make these Easy Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers, making it the perfect game day snack. These poppers will win over any spicy food loving crowd and still give you plenty of time to watch the game!
I always like to have Ro*Tel on hand because of the bold flavors and versatility for game day appetizers. I stopped by my local Walmart and picked it up in the same section as their canned tomatoes.
The original Texas family recipe is made with a signature blend of vine-ripened tomatoes and zesty green chilies and a savory mixture of secret spices. Their Famous Queso Dip recipe is found right on the can and is a regular in our house!
This recipe is great for a crowd, but can easily be halved. Sweet mini bell peppers and mild Ro*Tel are great substitutes for those who don’t like spicy foods. You could also do half jalapenos and half sweet peppers to satisfy everyone!
When removing the seeds and membranes from your jalapeno, I highly recommend using disposable rubber gloves.
- 16 large fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 can Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices pre-cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican four cheese blend, divided
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in Ro*Tel (do not drain), chopped bacon and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Mix until fully combined and set aside.
- Wearing clean disposable gloves, slice peppers in half lengthwise. Fully scoop out membranes and seeds.
- Fill pepper halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place, filled sides up, in shallow foil-lined or lightly oiled pan.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake 17 to 20 min. or until cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan to serve.
With a few football party accessories, you can transform your table into something special for serving your poppers. I like to use mini cups to hold small snacks like peanuts.
My husband really enjoys spicy foods so it wasn’t a surprise that he absolutely loved these Easy Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers. I’ll definitely have to make them for him again soon!
Win a Game Day Party Pack
While winning isn’t everything, it sure is fun! How about a friendly contest on the best game day recipes? You can vote on fan favorite recipes for a chance to win one of eight Game Day Party Packs worth $590 including:
- Flat screen tv
- Slow cooker
- Gift card for pro football gear
- $50 Walmart gift card
Pretty sweet, right? Shoppers can enter once each day from now until the giveaway ends on 2/6/17. Plus you can share your favorite recipes to your social channels so everyone can check out the tasty recipes you voted on for fan fuel!
So what are you waiting for? Enter today and be sure to try out my crowd pleasing Easy Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers with Ro*Tel for your next game day celebration!