Six weeks ago I was asked by AT&T to try out an AT&T GoPhone for my family. A GoPhone is a great way to stay connected to family without any surprise wireless phone bills at the end of the month. While my oldest is still only 8, there are times that I do wish he had a phone to call me, such as when he is finished with piano lessons and needs us to come get him. (It certainly beats waiting for him outside!)
We received a Samsung Galaxy Express. As soon as my husband spotted it on our dining room table, he essentially claimed this phone for himself. While it wasn’t how I originally envisioned trying out this phone, I loved his enthusiasm. It seems only fitting to share his overall thoughts. Here is what he had to say:
Impressions of Samsung Galaxy Express
- First, it has a nice big screen, at 4.5 inches it is large enough for me to read while running on a treadmill (which is important if I forget my ereader.) The Screen is one inch larger than Iphone 4.
- It is fast enough to run the newer 3d games. For instance, I downloaed Riptide GP2 as one of Amazon’s free apps and this phone ran it perfectly.
- The phone can accept an SD card to give it more space (up to 64gb.) for $14 I was able to purchase a relatively fast 32gb card which added plenty space to the phone for music and other media.
- While the application ecosphere is arguably not as large as Apple’s, I can install all of the Android apps from both the Google Play store and from Amazon, including apps that I had purchased for my tablets.
- As a phone, the Galaxy Express sounds great and works well, supports 4G for fast downloads, and has a much better talk time and stand by time than my iPhone 4.
- While the phone is great for what I use, some people might not like that the screen resolution is relevantly low, or looks low because the screen is so large.
- The phone is limited to 6 gigs of space for applications.
- I would like it more if I could find more aftermarket products for it, such as sports bands, etc.
Obviously my husband is using an older version of the iPhone and he had plans to upgrade to an Android. This was great solution and much less expensive than some of our other options. Here you can see a side by side phone comparison and also compare your current phone to the Samsung Galaxy Express.
My husband plans to continue using this phone and his iPhone has been downgraded to essentially an iPod for the kids. But I really like having the option to use this phone or our iPhone as a GoPhone so we have a third phone for my family. When my husband does decide to upgrade, I know that the Samsung Galaxy Express is available for my kids to use! Either way, it is nice to have a phone with so much flexibility and no contract. AT&T GoPhone is a great option for families to stay connected without surprises!
AT&T Offers Five Reasons to Make the Switch to AT&T GoPhone:
1. They’ll Have No Excuse Not To Call You Back : AT&T offers GoPhone customers service on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network, which reaches more than 300 million people, making it easy for your family to stay connected. (Click here to see if AT&T 4G LTE is available in your community.)
2. Because Their World is Constantly Changing : With no annual contract, GoPhone customers have the flexibility to choose a plan that fits their needs and budget, and make changes as necessary. GoPhone is the right choice for customers who don’t want to sign a wireless phone contract. GoPhone can provide you with a sense of comfort as it creates parameters around your family’s wireless plans, while also instilling a new sense of responsibility for a new phone owner.
3. We Put the “Smart” in Smartphone: GoPhone devices include the latest 4G & 4G LTE Android, and Windows smartphones at affordable prices. Now you can also use your smartphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot to share the data and connect other devices.
4. We Say “Yes” to Hand-Me-Downs: GoPhone is compatible with most phones, including iPhones, which allows you to utilize a phone you already own – even if the service was with another provider. Signing up with GoPhone simply requires you to insert a GoPhone-activated SIM card in your current phone, making it very easy to switch. (Click here to determine if a device is compatible with AT&T GoPhone.)
5. Bringing A Little Flexibility Into Your Life: AT&T GoPhone monthly rate plans offer great value for smartphone and basic/quick messaging phone customers.With a smartphone, GoPhone users receive unlimited talk and text and 2.5GB of data, so it’s easy to stay in touch with everyone. The auto-refill feature makes it easy to pay with a credit/debit card or bank account. Refill cards are also available at thousands of retail locations nationwide.
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored. All products mentioned and reviewed on this page are compliments of AT&T. All opinions of the products are my own.