I love chicken enchiladas so it makes sense that I’d fall in love with this Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip. Easy hot dip recipes are one of my very favorite holiday appetizers and game day party foods. (One of the best parts of watching football is the food, right?) This creamy chicken dip is loaded with rotisserie chicken, making it an easy and filling snack option that the crowd will love!
Looks delicious, right? It absolutely is! But you’ll be surprised just how quick and easy this baked dip recipe can be!
Hot Dip Kitchen Tip:
For my baked dip recipes, I use my classic Corningware French White serving dishes. Everything bakes up great in them and I like that they easily go from oven to table to refrigerator.
I’ve had mine for 15 years and they are still going strong with no stains! The round 1.6 liter dish worked perfect for this recipe.
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip Tips
This recipe is a great way to use up some leftover rotisserie chicken but you can choose to cook up two chicken breasts and shred them instead. I find that the rotisserie chicken is more convenient and very flavorful!
You could also make this recipe in the slow cooker but I prefer baking mine for those nice golden edges.
Serve this Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe with your favorite tortilla chips or even veggies like celery and carrot sticks.
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1½ cups finely shredded cheddar jack cheese blend, divided
- ¼ chopped green onion for garnish (optional)
- tortilla chips or cut veggies for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream with mixer until completely smooth.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, chicken, green chilies and ½ cup shredded cheese until well combined.
- Pour into 1.5 quart to 2 quart lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 18 to 22 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Cool slightly and top with green onion if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips or veggies.
More Game Day Appetizer Recipes
If you are searching for more game day appetizers to make your crowd go wild, try this cheese bread appetizer recipe! It is loaded with cheese, bacon and garlic!
And if spicy appetizer recipes are what you need, make stuffed jalapenos!
Hope you enjoy this delicious way to enjoy the flavor of baked chicken enchiladas!