I love snacks that are both sweet and salty. Even better is when I can make something at home with just a few ingredients and short amount of time. These cinnamon and sugar pretzels fit that description exactly. With some sourdough pretzel nuggets and common ingredients virtually anyone has in their pantry, you can make this tasty treat. These sweet nuggets are perfect for gift-gifting, parties, tailgating or just an everyday snack.
- 1 (16 ounce) package sourdough pretzel nuggets
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In small bowl, gently whisk oil, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon until well combined.
- Place pretzel nuggets in a medium to large microwavable bowl and pour sugar and oil mixture over the top. Toss or stir to coat.
- Microwave on high and uncovered for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Microwave 2-4 minutes longer. Stir after each minute until oil is absorbed.
- Lay out pretzels to cool. (I used a parchment lined baking sheet.)
- Cool to room temperature before eating.
- Store in an air tight container.
It really only takes a couple of minutes to throw these ingredients together and toss the pretzels in the coating. Then your microwave does all the work. No baking required.
I used parchment lined baking sheets for easy cleanup to cool.
Store in an airtight container for maximum freshness. Makes approximately 15 servings of 16 nuggets each.
Do you have a favorite go-to sweet and salty snack?