Last weekend my family headed up to my parents house to visit. We were greeted with three different types of delicious cookies, a lasagna dinner and this awesome Toffee Brownie Trifle. (This is pretty typical since my mom loves being in the kitchen.)
Once I saw this dessert of course I was kicking myself for not having brought my Nikon to take some great pictures. Of course I’m not going to let that stop me from sharing this fabulously delicious and easy recipe!
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- ⅔ cup Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- Bake brownies, using their recipe for for cake-like brownies.
- (Tip: Line your baking dish with parchment paper, including up the sides to easily remove and cut the brownies later)
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes in a large bowl. Let stand for until soft-set. This should take a few minutes. Fold in Cool Whip topping.
- Cut the brownies into cubes, about 1 inch. Place half in a 3-qt. glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding mixture and repeat layers. Sprinkle with Heath Toffee Bits. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you aren’t familiar, you can now buy Heath Toffee Bits in the baking aisle of your favorite retailer. Using this is much easier than buying actual Heath candy bars and breaking them up.
This also works great to experiment with different candy bar and pudding flavors!
This recipe is slightly altered from Taste of Home.