When you find the perfect banana bread recipe that your whole family loves, it feels like a victory. I’ve tried many banana bread recipes, including my own mother’s. And while they were all delicious, this homemade chocolate chip banana bread is my family’s absolute favorite!
I’ve been making this recipe for at least five years. My middle son Warren is 9 and loves to help in the kitchen. Whenever we have overripe bananas, he is begging me to bake something with them.
While this bread takes a while to bake, it is actually quite easy and quick to put together.
You can make a double batch of this homemade chocolate chip banana bread and freeze extras for later. We like the mini loaves because it helps with portion control.
If you do make the mini loaves, you’ll want to only fill three of your four mini cavities of a mini loaf pan this size.
Yum! We like to serve ours with butter but this bread is sweet enough that it doesn’t really need anything!
I grew up on a delicious banana nut bread, but my kids would much rather have chocolate chips in their bread over nuts. I can’t blame them. This bread is awesome!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 2-3)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream sugar and butter in large mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in bananas.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to creamed mixture and stir just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased 9-in.x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan or fill 3 cavities in a mini loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes for large loaf or 35 to 45 minutes for mini loaves or a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
What have you been up to with your mini chefs?
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Cold Tuna Macaroni Salad // Courtney’s Sweets
- Healthy Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe // Eating Richly
- Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding // Vegging at the Shore
- Homemade Chocolate Candy // My Mini Adventurer