Strawberries are a favorite fruit in my household so when they are in season they area staple fruit for us and almost always on my shopping list. While my kids might be picky about some foods, fruit isn’t one of them so I love having a variety of fresh fruits on hand. We especially love desserts that feature fresh fruits. Not only do I love the nutritional value, but they are extra refreshing on a hot summer day. That is why these Strawberries and Cream Dessert Bowls are a perfect dessert option for my family.
These no-melt-almost-look-like-ice-cream strawberry dessert bowls from Kari Stroschein are light and airy, with a delicious strawberry flavor thanks to the fresh berries! The mini waffle cone bowl is not only cute, but it also helps maintain a smaller portion size for this dessert. The dessert bowls also add a nice crunch and the flavor mixes well with the strawberry filling.
- 1 box en-Joy-a Bowls, mini size
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Additional strawberries for garnish
- 1 bag Kraft Jet-Puffed Mallow Bites, separated (strawberry flavor only)
- In a large mixing bowl,beat cream and sugar until stiff with a wire whisk,
- Stir in strawberries and marshmallows.
- Spoon into mini bowls and top with strawberry garnish.
- Serve Immediately.
This dessert is very kid friendly and would be perfect for guests at your next get-together. Serve them up for cookouts, picnics and potlucks! Unlike ice cream, you don’t have to worry about this dessert melting as quickly in the hot sun. Try experimenting with different fruits such as raspberries, blueberries or pineapple.