If there is one thing that is difficult to do in hot weather, it is turn on the oven. Slaving over a hot stove really isn’t all that appealing either. Even thinking about cooking can feel like a big task if you are baking yourself from the heat within your own house.. This recipe I put together for chicken salad as part of the Kraft Tastemakers blogging partnership offers up characteristics that are impossible not to love in the summer. By using leftover store bought rotisserie chicken, this recipe can be prepared in a just a few minutes. It is the perfect option for your next get together, picnic or just a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Pair it with some fresh fruit , veggies and dip, chips and salsa or corn on the cob and you’ve got a great mealtime solution, any day of the week!
- ½ cup KRAFT Miracle Whip Dressing
- ½ teaspoon salad supreme seasoning
- 1 cup chopped leftover cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped PLANTERS pecans
- ½ cup grapes, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- Stir Miracle Whip dressing and salad supreme in medium bowl until well blended. Mix in remaining ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Serve with crackers or on your favorite bread such as croissants, dinner rolls or hoagie buns.
If you are not already familiar with salad supreme seasoning, look for it within your grocer’s spice aisle. It is a mixture of romano cheese, salt, paprika, pepper, garlic, sesame seeds and more. It is perfect for seasoning any mayo or MIRACLE WHIP dressing for pasta salads. I also love it for seafood salad.
There are many options in which to serve this chicken salad. Tastes fabulous on croissants, dinner rolls or even just with crackers. Other ingredient options that would work well include chopped apple, dried cranberries, bacon or walnuts. Also works great served with lettuce and tomato! You can tailor it to your families preferences.
Disclosure: This post was created for the Kraft Tastemaker Blogger Program. All thoughts remain my own and are not influenced by the monetary compensation received.