I’ve been noticing a trend with most of the recipes I share for our Mini Chef Monday series. While I do like to make things that are fun for my kids, I swear we don’t have sweets all the time. I typically end up doing most of the baking/cooking in the morning for good lighting in my kitchen. That means many items for dinner get left out, even though my mini chef often helps me at night. So I decided to make a point to have fun with Wes for lunch instead. This Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizza is a great lunch, dinner or appetizer option and was a huge hit at our house.
I am not the only one who wanders around their Sam’s Club looking for products that would be fun to try, right? I recently spotted this Greek Pita Flat Bread which immediately made me think of personal pizzas. Shockingly I’m not the only one who had that idea since instructions for pizza were on the back of the package.
Wesley loved that he could make his own pizza with just the toppings he loves.
You can get as simple or as fancy as you want with your mini pizzas. Consider making a pizza bar and let your kids build a pizza just for them.
Since it only takes about 5 minutes to bake, this is a super quick and easy pizza recipe.
- 4 pieces of flatbread (7")
- ¼ cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- favorite pizza toppings such as pepperoni, sausage, onions, mushrooms, green pepper or olives
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread sauce over top of each flatbread. Top with cheese and then your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes directly on oven rack until cheese is fully melted.
- Cut and serve immediately.
These pizzas turned out so amazing for the amount of work required. We quickly ran out of the flatbread since they became a favorite for sandwiches. Now they will be on our regular list of must-haves from Sam’s Club.
What have you been up to with your mini chefs?
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Fruit Punch Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes that Kids Can Make For Mom // Momma Lew
- Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizza // Baby Loving Mama
- Brownie Bottom Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
// We’re Parents
- Healthy Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pear Arugula Panini // Vegging at the Shore
- Double Chocolate Waffles with Berry Sauce // O’Boy! Organic
- Berry Lemon Popsicles // Can’t Google Everything