When I visited General Mills last week with three other bloggers, we were showered with all kinds of wonderful food options. From vegan to all organic, there was something for everyone. One of the gluten free offerings to snack on was this Sweet and Spicy Honey Nut Chex Mix. If you love the combination of sweet and spicy, you’ll love this mix.
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal
- ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts
- ⅓ cup roasted salted sunflower nuts or hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ¾ cup raisins
- Mix cereal nuts and seeds in large microwave save bowl.
- Mix honey and warm water in a small bowl. Stir in salt, cumin and red pepper until fully blended.
- Pour honey mixture over cereal mixture and stir until coated evenly.
- Microwave uncovered for 3 minutes on high, stirring every minute.
- Gently stir in raisins.
- Microwave another minute.
- Spread on waxed paper, parchment paper or aluminium foil to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
I admit that it is a bit spicier than I’m used to so I would tone down the cumin and red pepper but if you like bite, this snack mix is for you!
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post, however my accommodations were graciously paid for by General Mills. All thoughts remain my own.