I’m excited that spring is finally here after a long winter. I have been having so much fun buying fresh fruits from my local warehouse store now that they are in season. Mangoe are one of my very favorites so when I spied a big box of champagne mangoes I didn’t hesitate. Have you ever tried this variety? When they are really ripe they are super sweet and taste like candy. Last week I used the last of them to create this spring-inspired Mango Lemon Rice and paired it with Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub. It was delicious!
The flavor of my perfectly ripen mangoes really made this rice special. The slight zing on my taste buds from the mango was fantastic.
I prepared this rice in my rice cooker since I love the results, but you could just as easily make it on the stove. I used parsley from my mini herb garden but cilantro would also be a great option.
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2⅛ cups chicken broth
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- juice from 1 large lemon
- freshly ground pepper
- Prepare white rice in rice cooker, using chicken broth in place of water. (Can also prepare on stove)
- When rice is fully cooked, gently stir in mango, parsley and lemon juice.
- Top with freshly ground pepper.
- Serve warm and top with your favorite fish, if desired.
My husband and I love all types of seafood, especially raw varieties. When I found out about Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub, the first ever sushi quality “thaw and serve” packaged seafood product, I really wanted to try out. I never knew it was possible to find that high of quality except in my favorite Japanese restaurant or the meat department in my local grocery store. I was happy to learn it stays frozen during the processing and is never fully defrosted or re-frozen during preparation. Fish is the perfect pairing with this mango lemon rice!
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. It raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food!
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Varieties
- Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs What a difference fresh lemon makes! Combined with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, shallots, black pepper and other natural ingredients, our recipe brings out the clean, fresh flavor of premium tilapia.
- Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil Never has it been so easy and delicious to enjoy a delicious, premium tilapia fillet! This Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia has ground black pepper, fresh garlic, sea salt and extra virgin olive oil—making every flaky bite fantastic!
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil Slip the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil into its own parchment (included) and let your oven do the rest. You can even have it for lunch; it’s that easy—and delicious!
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto is richly satisfying with Parmesan cheese, basil, almonds and a touch of garlic—a flavorful taste experience that features all natural ingredients and has no preservatives.
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub is a delicious treat with a side of soy sauce and wasabi, in a classic Nicoise Salad or served alongside your favorite seafood accompaniments.
The package of Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna contains two servings, with approximately 8 or 9 slices per serving. My husband first tried it by bringing it to work to enjoy with some soy sauce. (You’ll want to be sure you remove it from its packaging and thaw in the fridge for three hours in advance.) For our meal I served it on a bed of the mango rice and then topped it with some additional freshly ground pepper. The flavor of the mango, pepper and tuna was absolutely delicious. My husband couldn’t stop raving about this meal combination. We both loved the dish!
Where to Find Bumble Bee SuperFresh®
You can find Bumble Bee SuperFresh® in the frozen seafood section, typically near the seafood counter, at your local grocery store. Use the store locator to find products near you! This is a easy way to enjoy a simple fish experience with no heavy breading, sauces, or a long list of unpronounceable ingredients!
Which variety would you like to try most?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.