Another mermaid party idea? Absolutely. Although this tropical punch really works well for any ocean or pool party just as well. And yes, it is very blue. Normally I try to stay away from adding dyes but to get blue drinks you are typically adding a dye or buying a product that already has it added. So for this recipe we threw caution to the wind and felt the two drops of dye for a special occasion drink was worth it to get this bright blue mermaid punch recipe.
To make this mermaid drink we added several of our favorite tropical flavors including pineapple, lemon and coconut. We only made a half batch because we weren’t throwing a party but I’m including the full recipe below.
I wanted a no-sugar added option to create a sparkling punch. Instead of soda we opted for lemon and lime flavored unsweetened sparkling water. You can use plain sparkling water as well but we always have this on hand. There is plenty of sweetness from the other products in the punch that soda just isn’t necessary.
If adding dye isn’t for you, no worries! This tropical punch recipe is pretty light yellow that can be served just like this.
I used the color right system from Wilton which I LOVE for accuracy and bright colors to make our mermaid punch blue. It includes an awesome guide that shares how many drops of each dye you need to achieve a particular color. If you don’t already have this, I recommend getting it from Amazon. It is a lot cheaper there than local craft stores.
I did add two drops and I think one would have been sufficient.
This punch foams up naturally so it works great to mimic ocean water. Lemons, lime or pineapple would work great for garnish.
Outside the Box Papers Under the Sea Theme Polka Dot Paper Straws 7.75Let’s Be Mermaids Paper Straw Decor – Baby Shower or Birthday Party StripedOutside the Box Papers Pineapple Theme Paper Straws 7.75 Inches 100 Pack Yellow,Paper Straws Party Decoration Biodegradable Drinking Straws-Flamingo Pattern ,7.75inch,Pack of 100
The flavors in this punch are awesome!!! My kids loved it.
- 12 oz. can lemonade frozen concentrate
- 12 oz can Pina Colada mix frozen concentrate
- 1½ cups pineapple juice
- 6 cups cold unsweetened sparkling water (can be citrus or other tropical flavor)
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 to 2 drops blue dye (optional)
- limes for garnish
- In large punch bowl or pitcher, stir together lemonade concentrate, pina colada mix, pineapple juice and water until well combined.
- Add sparkling water and stir in dye.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with lime slices.
If you love mermaids, be sure to check out our Under the Sea Fruit Salad!
>>>>>>See all my mermaid party ideas!
What have you been up to with your mini chefs this week?
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Marshmallow Playdough Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Tropical Mermaid Punch Recipe // Finding Zest
- Healthy Dessert Recipes for Kids to Make // Eating Richly
- Avocado Caprese // Vegging at the Shore
- Watermelon Recipes to Make with Your Kids This Summer // My Mini Adventurer